Class 7 ENGLISH 3.6 THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK

CLASS 7
SUBJECT: ENGLISH 
3.6 THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK 
Q.1 Think and answer
1. Was Disraeli trying to give a scientific reason?
Ans.: No, Disraeli was not trying to give a scientific reason. 

2. Was he only trying to give a message in a light-hearted but effective way?
Ans.: Yes, he was only trying to give a message in a light-hearted but effective way. 

Q.2 Think about it:
1. Do you remember someone else speaking to you very angrily, without thinking?
What did you do on that occasion?
Did you also speak angrily?
Ans.: Yes ,I do remember my elders and friends spoke very angrily , without thinking. 
On such occasions I kept quiet and tried to understand what they wanted to convey me then I spoke calmly.  I didn't speak angrily. 

2. Discuss what you can do to control your anger.
Ans. The best way to control your anger is to be calm in such situations. 
Have patience and breath long.
Avoid speaking morw and don't argue more.
Let that time be passed. 

3. Who was Socrates?
Ans. Socrates was one of the wisest men of the ancient world. 

4. What did Socrates counsel to his disciples?
Ans: Socrates counselled to his disciples to keep their mouths shut and speak only when absolutely necessary. 

5. According to Socrates which three questions should we ask to ourselves before speaking?
Ans. The following questions we should ask to ourselves before we speak. 
1. Is it true? 2. Is it pleasant? 3. Is it useful?
PAGE NO. 78
ENGLISH WORKSHOP
1.The same word can be used as a noun in some sentence and as a verb in others. For example,
1. Many are the empty remarks.[noun]
2. A wise man once remarked. [Verb]
Make two sentences of your own with each of the words given below, using  the same word as a noun in one and as a verb in another.
➡️change  ➡️show  ➡️ throw  ➡️ return  ➡️ benefit
Ans.:
1.Change
1. Change  is the natural process. [NOUN]
2. You should change it. [VERB]
2. Show
1. The show must go on.[NOUN]
2. My father shows me the image. [VERB]
3. Throw
1. The throw of Yuvraj Singh was accurate. [NOUN]
2. He throws ball quickly. [VERB]
4. Return
1. The returns on this policy are better than the other one.[NOUN]
2. They returned home early in the morning. [VERB]
5. Benefit.
1. Please take benefit of online free class.[NOUN]
2. You will be benefited from this.[VERB]
Q.2. Complete the following. 
• Our ears are like funnels because...... 
Ans.: always the funnels remains open and there is no door to close it.
• The two rows of teeth are like a fence because..... 
Ans.: if you want to speak even a single word, that word must pass through the rows of teeth.
• The two lips are like a fence because....
Ans.: : if you want to speak even a single word, that word must pass through the lips.
• Harsh words like scattered bits of paper carried away by the wind because......
Ans.: once you have spoken the words aloud, it is very difficult to take them back.
 
Q.3 Write a brief summary of the story of the young man and his spiritual teacher, making the young man the narrator.
You can begin as given below.
‘I went quickly to my spiritual teacher for advice because I had ...........(now continue)
Ans: 
I went quickly to my spiritual teacher for advice because I had spoken very angrily to my friend and used very unpleasant and cruel words to him. He might had hurt deeply. I wanted to make our relation as it was earlier,fairer. My spiritual teacher gave me a piece of paper and told to write whatever I said to him. I wrote it and showed to my teacher but my teacher asked me to tear it out in to very tiny bits.I followed his instructions. After it he told me to threw these bits of paper out of window.As I threw it out, it scattered here and there,some of blew away too.Then my spiritual teacher ordered to collect all the bits of paper. At that time I stammered and said it’s impossible. But he asked me to try first.Really I could not collect single bit of paper and returned back to teacher then he said to me that the same happened with the spoken words.Once we spoke words aloud,it was very difficult to take back and control it hence learn to use words or think before you speak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clasa 7: English : 4.4 Home Sweet Home

Class 9 Geography 6. The Properties of Sea Water:Questions and Answers

12.Tourism/Class 9 Grography/Maharashtra statr board Questions and answers